Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Coffee Date Conversation Starters
I suggest that each of you come to the date with 4 or 5 questions to ask each other. For your very first date, make sure you don't bombard your husband with questions or he won't show up for the next one! :-) Make the questions short and sweet. Show your husband the questions you'll be asking him so he'll know what kind of questions to ask you.
Here are some questions to start the conversation (remember, only choose a few of them for each date):
1) Do you feel that I respect you? Why or Why not?
2) What ways could I show more respect to you?
3) Are you happy with the way things are going right now? Why or Why not?
4) Is there a goal I can help you accomplish this year?
5) What are you stressed or anxious about right now?
6)Is there something I can do for you this week that will help you alleviate stress?
7) If you could dream up a romantic vacation for the two of us, where would we go and what would we do?
8)What romantic activities do you enjoy the most? (no judging when you get a straight answer!) :-)
9) Are you where we thought we would be at this stage in our lives? Why/Why not?
10) Are you disappointed about something in life? What is it and why?
11) How is your relationship with Christ? How can I help you grow closer to Him?
12) What are your favorite desserts?
13) What are your favorite date-night activities?
14) What do you love about our kids?
15) What do you love about me?
16) If money wasn't an issue, what would you like to do that you've always dreamed of?
17) Where do you want to retire? What will we do during retirement?
18) How can we help someone in need this year?
19) Would you be willing to go on some kind of mission trip? If so, where would you be willing to go?
20) What would you like to hear that you haven't heard me say to you--or about you--lately?